by: Brooke Segich and McKenna Robel
On Thursday, September 24, 2015 Ocean City opened up its new skate park to the public and skaters from all over flooded in to test out what this park had to offer. It took years for it to be designed and approved but after long city meetings and countless hours of construction the town’s skaters put the $750,000 park to the test. Located on the 500 block of Asbury avenue, it offers a snake run, quarter pipes, rails, stairs, and everyone’s favorite: the deep bowl. This park provides a safe and legal way for skate enthusiasts to practice their craft. Pads and helmets are required for this state of the art park, which creates a safe environment for everyone. Come on down and see what the Ocean City Skate Park has to offer!
Open Daily 9:00am to Dusk*
*Skateboard Park will be closed during inclement weather and/or when equipment is damaged wet or for routine maintenance.
- No food or glass containers in the skateboard Park.
- Use of alcohol and tobacco products is prohibited.
- Skateboard Park is for skateboards only.
- Bikes, scooters, and roller blades are prohibited.
- No personally owned ramps, boxes, rails, or other similar items.
- No amplified sound is permitted except by permit.
- Parental supervision for inexperienced skateboarders and those less than 12 years of age is strongly recommended.
- Helmet, elbow pads & knee pads are required while skateboarding.
- Abusive, profane language or aggressive behavior will not be tolerated.
- Skateboarding prohibited on adjacent parking lots, sidewalks and streets